Dr. Daniel S. Papp
Consultant: email@example.com; 770-375-7255
DR. DANIEL S. PAPP is a dynamic strategic planner, leader, and coach in business and higher education. He applies his expertise to help business leaders, entrepreneurs, Boards of Directors, government officials, and college and university administrators solve problems, achieve objectives, and realize visions.
Dan’s capabilities and experience include strategic analysis and planning, problem identification and resolution, economic development, mergers and consolidations, change and conflict management, team building, leadership development, training and education program development and initiation, talent identification, and management consulting.
Dan recently retired as President of Kennesaw State University (KSU), where he led the consolidation of KSU and Southern Polytechnic State University, making KSU one of the fifty largest public universities in the United States, with 34,000 students and over 3,000 faculty and staff.
During his ten-year tenure as President, Dan accomplished the following:
- Led KSU’s first comprehensive capital campaign, a successful $75 million effort
- Added nearly $500 million of new facilities, infrastructure, and property to KSU’s inventory
- Guided KSU into NCAA Division I, including beginning intercollegiate football in 2015
- Attained KSU’s re-accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Initiated KSU’s first doctoral programs in 2007
- Formed a highly-effective senior management team
- Implemented a new university governance structure
- Increased success in obtaining externally funded research
- Expanded emphasis on experiential learning and on-line education
- Doubled the size of KSU’s study abroad program, including opening KSU’s first international campus in Montepulciano, Tuscany, Italy
Before becoming KSU President, Dan was Senior Vice Chancellor for Academics and Fiscal Affairs of the University System of Georgia (2000-06). Previously, he was Director of Educational Programs for the University System’s Electronic Design Project (1999-2000), Interim President of Southern Polytechnic State University (1997-98); Faculty Executive Assistant to the President at Georgia Tech (1994-97); Founding Director of Georgia Tech’s Sam Nunn School of International Affairs (1990-93); and Director of Tech’s School of Social Sciences (1980-90). Papp joined the Tech faculty in 1973.
- Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Dartmouth College
- Ph.D. in International Affairs from the University of Miami
- Authored or co-authored seven books on U.S. and Soviet/Russian foreign policy
- Edited seven other books including former U.S. Secretary of State Dean Rusk’s autobiography, As I Saw It
- Published over 80 journal articles and chapters in edited books